Brahmand NewsPrevious Article
Brahmand NewsNext Article
Headlines
  • ISRO scientists unfurl antenna of RISAT-2BR1 satellite:-Scientists at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Thursday undertook an operation to unfurl the antenna that was inside the radar imaging earth observation satellite RISAT-2BR1, a day after it was launched from Sriharikota, around 130 kms from here....
  • US Congress consents to designate India's NAVIC as allied system:-The US Congress has consented to designate India's NAVIC as its allied navigational satellite system along with the Galileo of the European Union and QZSS of Japan....
  • US tests ballistic missile over Pacific:-The United States tested a medium-range ballistic missile on Thursday, the second test in four months of an offensive missile that would have been banned by a US-Russia arms treaty that Washington exited in August....
  • GRSE hands over LCU amphibious ship to Indian Navy:-Adding to the country's maritime security prowess, warship builder Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) has delivered a Landing Craft Utility (LCU) to the Indian Navy, GRSE said here on Thursday....

Brazil, Israel form ‘Harpia’ JV to produce UAVs

Line Spacing+- AFont Size+- Print This Article

SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS (BNS): Brazilian defence firm Embraer and Israel’s AEL Sistemas, a subsidiary of Elbit Systems, have formed a joint venture company, Harpia Sistemas, to develop, produce and market unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

The two defence firms had announced their partnership to jointly develop, produce and market UAVs and related components during the Latin America Aero & Defence (LAAD) 2011 exhibition in Rio de Janeiro on April 12.

While Embraer will hold 51% of Harpia’s capital, the remaining 49% will remain with AEL, the Brazilian firm announced Thursday.

Headquartered at Brasília in Brazil, Harpia’s activities will involve marketing, development, systems integration, manufacture, sales, and UAV after-sale support, as well as simulators and modernisation of avionics systems.

The company will provide broader solutions for complex systems, increasing the market-share of Brazilian made products in the national defence and security market, Embraer said.

Tags:

Line Spacing+- AFont Size+- Print Article

Other Related News

GRSE hands over LCU amphibious ship to Indian Navy

Adding to the country's maritime security prowess, warship builder Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) has delivered a Landing Craft Utility (LCU) to the Indian Navy, GRSE said here on Thursday.

Upcoming Defence Exhibitions

BRAHMOS Missile Systems

Headlines

Brahmand World Defence Update 2019

Image Gallery